Language in Culture and Culture in Language
The First MELTA Conference
Moscow. September 25 – 26, 2009
Announcement and Call for Papers
Dear Colleagues and Friends!
This is to bring to your attention that MELTA (Moscow English Language Teachers Association) jointly with IGUMO ( Institute for the Humanities and IT) is organising a conference on LANGUAGE IN CULTURE and CULTURE IN LANGUAGE to be held on September 25-26, 2009 in Moscow.
The First MELTA Conference LANGUAGE IN CULTURE and CULTURE IN LANGUAGE is organized to meet the needs of EL teachers, but welcomes contributions from academics at all levels. The conference brings together teachers and scholars from across Russia for two days of intellectual debate, cultural experiences, and networking.
Conference Content Areas:
Conference papers and workshop proposals are welcome on a wide range of topics, such as:
• Cross Cultural Issues
• Cultural Education
• Language-related Cultural Differences
• English as International Language
• Language Instruction and Terminology
• Teaching English
• Academic Writing – “writing for another culture”
• Public Speaking – “speaking to another culture”
• Teaching Literature
• Teaching English for Specific Purposes
• Cultural Studies in Foreign Language Education
• Teachers’ and Learners’ Reflection on Culture and Identity
• Language Teaching and Learning Methods (eg. autonomous and cooperative learning, task-based language learning, learner orientation, etc.)
• Incorporating Cultural Knowledge and Traditions into Education
• Applied Linguistics
The conference will include plenary sessions, workshops, section meetings, poster presentations, ELT resources exhibition and social events.
Working languages: English and Russian
• for Speaker Proposals – August 15, 2009
• for Registration Form – September 1, 2009
Phone: (499) 249-06-40 (Editorial office newspaper “English”), 8-903-180-13-82 (Olga Boltneva)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com