Проверочные задания к учебнику English VI (В.Н. Богородицкая, Л.В. Хрусталева) 6-й класс
I. Выберите правильную форму глагола.
1. Boys and girls _______________ basketball every day.
a. are playing c. played
b. play d. have played
2. She __________________ in the sea now.
a. swims c. swam
b. has swum d. is swimming
3. I __________________ the letter to my friend yesterday.
a. wrote c. was writing
b. write d. shall write
4. Не was sad because he ___________________ the key.
a. has lost c. had lost
b. lost d. have lost
5. They were upset because the children _________ the room.
a. had с leaned c. didn’t clean
b. cleaned d. hadn’t cleaned
II. Выберите правильный вопрос к предложению.
Father has bought us a football.
1. Does Father buy us a football?
2. Has Father bought us a football?
3. Did Father buy us a football?
4. Have Father bought us a football?
III. Выберите правильное объяснение к предложению.
We have to learn these words for tomorrow.
1. We had very little time.
2. There was nobody who could help us.
3. The teacher was waiting for them.
4. We shall write a dictation.
IV. Выберите предложение с глаголом в модальном значении.
1. You are not to be late.
2. They are going to the cinema.
3. You are late.
4. Are you going to school?
V. Дополните предложение.
Mary is fond of _______ and she would like to go to an art school.
1. languages 3. science
2. arithmetic 4. drawing
VI. Найдите существительное.
1. result 3. ancient
2. popular 4. modern
VII. Выберите правильное слово.
The Olympic Games in Olympia lasted ________.
1. 10 days 3. two weeks
2. 5 days 4. one month
VIII. Найдите правильный ответ.
Why did Ann look so pale this morning?
1. She hadn’t taken the umbrella.
2. She didn’t want to go to the cinema.
3. She had caught cold and didn’t feel well.
4. She was upset.
IX. Найдите правильный перевод.
I knew that they would go to London.
1. Я знаю, что они поедут в Лондон.
2. Я знаю, что они хотели бы поехать в Лондон.
3. Я знал, что они поедут в Лондон.
4. Я знал, что они собираются поехать в Лондон.
X. Выберите правильное название книги.
The English writer Daniel Defoe wrote ___________.
1. “Gulliver’s Travels”
2. “Robinson Crusoe”
3. “The Mock Turtle’s Story”
4. “The Wonderful Adventures”
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS’S VOYAGES
Columbus made some voyages to the New World. He discovered some islands in Central America. Spain was very much interested in this land, in this territory and had some Spanish settlements in South and Central America and in the South of North America too.
The second great voyage of Christopher Columbus began in September in 1493. He had seventeen ships with him. On this voyage he reached Cuba, but didn’t know it was an island. Columbus made four trips in all to the New World but he never landed on the mainland of North America.
England became interested in the New World too. The first English settlements appeared in America at the beginning of the seventeenth century. On the 6th of September in 1620 a group of people left England for the New World. They sailed from the English city of Plymouth, on board the ship “Mayflower”. They wanted to start a new life and to have no problems with the church.
After three months’ voyage these people landed in the Northeast of America. There were 74 men and 28 women on “Mayflower”. They set up a colony and called that part of the country “New England”.
XI. Определите тему текста и закончите предложение.
The text is about _________________________________________________.
1. The climate of South and Central America.
2. The English settlements in America.
3. Christopher Columbus’s Voyage.
4. The voyage of “Mayflower”.
XII. Закончите предложение в соответствии с содержанием текста.
The first English settlements appeared in America _______________.
1. in 1993
2. at the beginning of the seventeenth century
3. at the end of the seventeenth century
4. in 1680
XIII. Слово “settlement” означает…
1. поселение 3. переселенцы
2. население 4. жители
XIV. Выберите предложение, соответствующее тексту.
1. Columbus made 12 sea voyages.
2. Columbus visited North America several times.
3. On the 6th of September in 1620 a group of people left England for the New World.
4. There were no women on “Mayflower”.
XV. Выберите предложение, несоответствующее содержанию текста.
1. Columbus made four trips in all to the New World.
2. Columbus had fifteen ships during his second voyage to the New Land.
3. English settlements appeared in America at the beginning of the 17th century.
4. The people from England came to America on board the ship “Mayflower” in 1620.
XVI. Укажите правильный ответ на вопрос.
What did they call the new country?
1. The “New World”
2. “New England”
3. New Lands
I. 1. b; 2. d; 3. a; 4. c; 5. d; II. 2; III. 4; IV. 1; V. 4; VI. 1; VII. 2; VIII. 3; IX. 3; X. 2; XI. 3, 4; XII. 2; XIII. 1; XIV. 3; XV. 3; XVI. 2